An American currently living in Japan.
The Stats: Married in March 2012 to a man I spent 9 years loving. We spent 2011 apart but found our way back to each other and sealed the deal in Las Vegas at the Little White Wedding Chapel drive thru window on the motorcycle. I am an extremely proud Navy Officer’s wife (He’s an LDO – Mustang) and
wicked Stepmother to two polar opposite young adults.
- I’m a geek, fully admit it. In my past I was addicted to gaming and long ago to comic book/graphic novels. Currently, I read fantasy/sci fi and romance novels and dabble in gaming.
- I enjoy bloody MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) sports and am a Denver Broncos, Storm and Boba Fett fan.
- I own a small but lovely and always growing collection of daggers and knives.
- I have tattoos and plan to get more. It is my way of illustrating my identity. The ink on my body all has special meaning and I am confident that in 20 years there will still be no regrets on this.
- I am a gypsy at heart. Love to travel and explore and after a couple of years living in one place I tend to get antsy.
Why do I blog? My way of documenting the big change of living overseas (and eventually the move back), things happening in my head and in my life and to mark events I want to remember and share with family. It has expanded to my health and fitness diary and other odds and ends.
The Main Neurosis: Due to some of the blogs I follow it has come to my attention that there is a neurotic need within me to have approval, be accepted and acknowledged. On the flip side it is embarrassing to me to have anything I do be pointed out. I crave it but it embarrasses me at the same time. I have not gone to a therapist about this, it’s simply part of my personality.
I accept my neurosis and sincerely hope you do as well! (obviously)
(edited just to update it a bit)