Yamanashi Kei nominated me for this award though I’m certainly not a new blogger haha, she has a lovely blog about being an American who travels to Japan and has newly married her Japanese husband. Check her out!
Her Questions for Me:
- What is your favorite vacation destination and why?
The first thing that comes to mind is Nagano, Japan. We spent Christmas there and it was magical. The snow, the ryokan, the private rooftop onsen, the monkeys, the food, the evening entertainment. It was amazing. I blogged about it here.
2. What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
Depends what you consider strange I suppose. Strange, unusual – never something I’d ever think of eating – maybe the Stingray fin and it was delicious. Strange, gross…maybe raw Octopus – it’s slimy and difficult to chew.
3. What is your favorite book and why?
Probably Mists of Avalon – it’s a story of King Arthur but told from the Lady of Lake’s perspective, kinda.
I also have a love for Diana The Huntress … definitely a teen book which is when I read it but I fell in love with the story and that she had my name. lol Corny I know.
4. Have you ever studied or lived abroad? Where?
Living in Japan currently.
5. If you were to live abroad in a completely different country, where would you pick and why?
If I had a choice of anywhere maybe the UK. I’ve just always wanted to go there, see the history, fashion and I can mostly understand them.
6. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A hawk. Flying free and able to hunt my own food. Sounds good to me.
7. If you could learn a new language, what language would you pick?
Italian, I guess… and I still might.
8. What is the theme song to your life?
No idea, my life changes a lot… so maybe Changes by David Bowie ? 🙂
9. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Playing with my brother Vince. He was a fun guy.
10. Do you have a must-see movie recommendation?
11. Do you prefer a quiet night at home or do you go out and party the night away?
Depends on the night. I love a good party but sitting home reading a book is a nice night for me as well.
I’m supposed to nominate others for this but they are asking for only new bloggers or those with a small following (which I fall under I guess), but I don’t really follow any active bloggers who would do these award things. So, I’ll just leave it here.
These aren’t really awards, more just introducing bloggers to other bloggers.