So far I’ve noticed a few changes in my body:
1. I have lost 5 pounds and do not feel as bloated.
2. My pee smells different, can’t quite explain it but it just does.
3. My sweat has a different smell as well.
4. Moments of slight tummy upset now and then and just a feeling of being “off” sometimes but it isn’t anything I can’t live with and tends to pass quickly enough.
5. I haven’t felt real hunger since I started this. I’m not sure if its the protein intake or what but I just don’t feel hungry.
Those are the main points of change. I haven’t had too much trouble with craving of carbs or sweets yet, just more of an issue of finding something I can order at a restaurant that doesn’t have carbs or sugar in it at all is proving to be difficult. I’m not even sure I was successful with that Saturday night. I had carpaccio but the sauce it was in may have had sugar. Anyway, that’s my biggest obstacle and living in Japan I am NOT staying home for 3 weeks for this detox.
I have not felt headaches or fatigue, that I can recall, of any noteworthy degree.
My basic diet right now consists of water with lemon, herbal tea in the morning, club soda with lemon in the evening. Either bacon and 2 eggs or plain yogurt with cinnamon and Raw almonds and toasted sunflower seeds, or avocado, tomato and balsamic vinegar (sometimes I have had that for lunch with a side of deli meat) for breakfast. The almond and seed for morning snack. A meat and vegetable for lunch, often leftovers from dinner and a slice or two of cheese. Cheese for afternoon snack and maybe a couple small carrots. Dinner is usually a meat or seafood and vegetable, though I made a beef stew last week and last night I made chilli. Slice or two of cheese at night for taking meds.
The lack of an appetite is a bit of a concern, I have to remember to eat something every few hours, my tummy is not reminding me.
I will go back to the gym this week, see how I do with some cardio on this detox.